Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 10:11 PM   #631
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Yesterday, I decided to buy a tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad so that I could spend the night at the hunting camp my dad and I are in. We don't have a camper there yet, and I had a Visa gift card which made the purchase easy.

The camp is about an hour north from Milledgeville, so I drove up Friday afternoon after one of my exams and went straight to the woods. Had to fight some wasps for the occupancy of our box stand, but I won out with 6 confirmed kills against zero stings. After making all that racket, I figured I wouldn't see any other wildlife, and I was right. I didn't even see a squirrel!

Went back to the camp to set up my tent and was able to chat with some of the other guys there. For only my second time camping, I slept well. I woke up at 6 this morning and got ready for the hunt.

I drove over to the property where we have the stand, and after swapping over to my boots, I realized I had left my chair back at the camp. Went back to get it, then came back and walked in to the stand.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I dozed off multiple times up in the stand. At around 8:40 AM, I woke up from a short nap to the sound of leaves crunching ahead. Yup, a doe walked out of the woods and was staring straight at me. Silly me had my gun propped up in the corner of the stand, so there was no way that I could grab it without spooking the deer. That doe did not stay there long, but was there long enough for me to regret not attempting to get a shot.

After over an hour of kicking myself for letting that doe go, I decided that I would head back to camp around 10:30. Well, once again I took another nap. I woke up at 10:30, but decided to stick around a little longer. I'm glad I did because at 10:40, I saw something move in the trees. This time, I had my gun in my lap, so I scoped it out and sure enough, there was another doe. She walked out into the clearing giving me a clean, broadside shot. In a split second, I took the shot and got a clean hit in the front shoulder. The bullet with through the lungs, so the deer dropped right where I shot her.

Yup, I got my first deer today. Also, Frankentruck hit all 4s on the odo, so kinda milstone-ish even though that number is nowhere near correct

Sorry for the long story, but dadgum, today has been a good day. In about a week or two, I'll get to cook some venison
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote