Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #647
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Last time it rained a fair amount, I found the main spot where water was getting into the cab. It was coming in from the passenger side drip rail area, flowing down the front A pillar, then exiting onto the passenger floorboard at the bottom of the windshield pillar where it meets the dash.

I won't be able to really dig into the rust repair on the cab until next summer, so I decided on Saturday morning to "fix" the leak.

My dad had a tube of clear silicone that he used to glue the garage door seal back on to the floor. There was just enough left in that tube to go all the way around the drip rail.

Before I did, I used a wire wheel to knock the scale off and clean it up a little pit. While doing that, I found several pinholes contributing to the leak on the passenger side. After wiping it down, I put a little paint around the drip rail to slow down the rust. Once that dried, on went the silicone.

I am happy to say that my cheap, redneck "fix" worked. After last night's rain, I don't have a soaked floorboard! That should get me by until I can fix the rust the right way and then use a proper seam sealer
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote