View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #24
GMCPaul

Re: GMC and Chevrolet VIN and Model Number Decoders with pics.

KUDOS TO Bruce for a REALLY GREAT JOB!!! I myself spent 1-2 years working on developing this same chart for the VIN's and then became frustrated and set this aside when the business was expanding. My frustrations were caused due to discrepancies I discovered on 67 GMC VIN's used at the Pontiac assembly plant as they appear to be the only assembly plant that used the shortened 7 digit VIN on all 67 models and at the same time I discovered that Canadian VIN's differed and I had no way to double check their info. entirely.
I wish he had reached out sooner to me for help on confirming information on a few things as I collaborated with Bruce very slightly on this project to help him with info I personally had from doing this research and I know for a fact that he has 3-4 years of heavy research to develop this chart. None of this info was readily or easily available prior to now and he did this purely to help other GMC owners to be able to decipher their VIN's easily and accurately so he defiantly deserves our HEARTFELT THANKS!!!

A Tremendous Job Bruce, My hats off to you!!!

Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote