View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 07:09 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

Re: Daily Driver Classic Insurance

I keep regular insurance on one and classic on the other. I just drive my '72 and don't worry about it. I have no mileage restriction. They have no idea when, where, or how often I use the truck. Garaged? Just say it's garage kept. If something happens at home don't report it. I'd rather have the good insurance in all other circumstances and only risk some freak incident on my property while parked. I don't see it as dishonest. More like countering theirs. Buildings can come down on a vehicle and cause more damage than if it was sitting outside. I've seen garages burn down with several classics destroyed inside.

I think they only give a policy if you have a regularly insured vehicle as well. So if you only have the one, that is the problem. You have to look at the purpose of these classic policies even being offered. It's not a deep discount with extra benefits program. It's a special policy for a special vehicle that is cheaper because the vehicle is a special interest vehicle that is still driven, but much less than normal and not in normal situations daily drivers are

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-19-2020 at 07:26 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote