View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:18 PM   #33
crazyjeenyus

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Oh I dunno about all that. These trucks look best in the factory colors no matter what way you go. There is a long time distinct classic style of doing as you wish to the mechanicals, wheels, stance, etc while leaving the body the wonderful design they left the factory with that has even young people today strongly drawn to them more than most any other truck ever made. Staying factory colors is a safe way to go and not have regrets in the future when the trendy color of the day gets put behind for the next trend. If I go custom color I go with one that looks as if it could have been used in that year/era. Like a color from a GM car of same era or a very close to factory shade but with pearl. That Light Green '68 has a cream instead of Ivory for the accent color. It also has silver misted ghost flames. The truck is custom but still has a factory vibe till you look closer. Very tastefully customized in my book
I didn’t say anything about the trendy color of the day. As I suggested earlier, go with the Cortez Silver from the ‘69 Camaro SS -a GM car of the same era 😉

I was simply implying that as soon as you start making changes it’s no longer stock (in the true sense of the word) so whether or not the ride bears the factory colors doesn’t matter much anymore. I do agree that the stock colors have stood the test of time, and are still worth considering.
Posted via Mobile Device
crazyjeenyus is offline   Reply With Quote