View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 07:21 AM   #3
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Once the gauges are layed in place, and the rear plate is trimmed, You'll need to trim and drill holes in the small plates that bolt to the back. These plates are what actually hold the 4 gauges at the bottom in place.

You'll also see how I mounted the center gauge, I used the Aluminum mount that came with the gauge. I straightened, and cut it shorter, drilled two holes in it to screw it to the back plate.

Next is the Turn Signal "ARROWS" I cut the arrows out of the metal plate and reinstalled them like this.......

Here's the final wiring on the Cluster itself. I threw some masking tape on each wire, and wrote what it's for. for quicker reference when the dash is being set back in.. Notice that an Autometer gauge light goes where the factory twist ones went. ( another nice Surprise!)

And this is the Final finished project... At least on the bench. All that's needed now is to use a Multi-Meter to find the turn signals, and fuel level, at the plug which Used to plug into the back of the Cluster. I will cut these wires, and crimp ends on them to match the ends I installed on the wires coming off of the Cluster. I may post one more Picture of the cluster When it's installed.
Attached Images

Last edited by RON WOODGEARD; 03-21-2005 at 08:32 AM.