View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 03:26 PM   #77
RADustin

Re: 1976 CCSB Duramax Project #trucknamedsue

Time for a update! Way over due as usual!

Finished up some final suspension/frame pieces.

first up was a little spreader bar between the 4-link mounts.

then I worked on the spare tire carrier and rear frame supports. I wanted to tie the hitch in well, and have a spare tire winch. I designed around the 2014 donor truck winch.

finally found the set of wheels I've been looking for. 20x10 Weld Racing Cheyenne wheels. in 8 on 170 pattern. I will convert the rear to work, front will remain stock. This is due to the rear hubs being a non-wear item but the front unit bearings are. I just peaked in the wheel boxes and put them in storage.

finished out front crossmember and steering box supports. This will give me a ton more lower radiator clearance and be stronger than the OEM piece. It also integrates and shares a bolt with the sway bar mounts.

notched the tie bar in the front to clear the master.

then I started the massive journey of the exhaust and hangers and such. I did a 3" out the turbo and merged to 4" along side the transmission. 20" magnaflow muffler and a 5" dual wall tip. The dual wall tip is not just for looks but also so the tip doesn't drone and magnify the exhaust note. I don't want a loud truck, but some good sound should be nice. Used all the rubber hangers from the donor truck to hold the exhaust firm in place, but let it live.

started at the front using a stainless ebay downpipe. Cut off the 9th injector bung and fabricated a new lower downpipe mount since I rotated the downpipe in from factory position. also cut off the factory bubble flange.

making my way rearward-

welding out-

bent up a front hanger-

hung muffler up tight-

exhaust hanger bent up-

exhaust hanger on the muffler, ready for welding

hung

final rear section over the axle-

welding out the rear-

rear hanger

1976 GMC Sierra Classic C35 CCSB
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...25#post8188825