View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
luvbowties

Smile Re: 700R4 Conversion Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68 Short Step View Post
I have searched the forum for a while now and found a lot of answers but still need some help. I took out my th350 the other day and I am in search for a 700r4 to install. I found a good one local on craigslist that is from a 1991 suburban and has the electric speedo. I found a lock up kit from monster transmission but the 700r4 housing on their youtube install video looks different from the one im looking at. Here is the trans I am looking at and also the link to the monster trans video.
here are my questions.....

is it difficult to convert it to work with my mechanical cable speedo?

what is a good priced lock up kit that will work with this trans?

what year model trans are they using in the monster trans video to make the install work with 4th gear oil port?

LINKY How to Install a Lock-Up Kit 700R4 | Curt's Corner at Monster Transmission - YouTube
Please believe me when I tell you that you should read/study the electricals and pressures involved in the lockup torque convertor system until you are able to wire up your own control with simple wiring and one pressure switch. Yes, a couple pieces of wire and one pressure switch that you screw into the 4th gear pressure test port. Once you know how to do this--and why you do what you do--you are ready to do it yourself for a few dollars. Under $50. Under $40. Under $30. Under $25...?

Or, stay uninformed and spend $150-$250 needlessly. (And, I'd never done 'much' to a tranny other than change fluid/filter.) Google is your friend!
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote