View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #10
Original60Apache

Re: Original 1960 Chevrolet Apache Pickup Wheels.

Thanks TJs Chevy. My dad and I started the restoration in November of 2012. We will wrap it up soon. I wanted to build it as an original so that's what I have done so far (with a little of 50s hot rod features). I'm running a 235 with single Rochester, and dual exhaust with 30" glasspacks. I also have the original sm420 transmission and HO32 (3.90:1)rear end. One of the rare features is that on pickups from 60-62 is that they have dual master cylinder and a bellhousing with the slave on the passenger side (sure was a pain to find but it's worth keeping the truck original). Paint color is Grenadier Red which is correct for 60. Interior colors also correct with a two tone of charcoal and silver. My old spare tire fender was going to cost a bit to restore so I got a different one in decent shape. Problem is that there is no aftermarket company that produces short bed spare tire fenders. So I spent a lot of time on craigsist finding one and after several hours per day, I found it. So now I'm looking to see if 16s were correct for 1960 since I already have one that fits. Then I will paint them the same color as the truck and put on hub caps and trim rings.

Thanks

Nate
Original60Apache is offline   Reply With Quote