View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 09:51 PM   #40
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Steering Wheel is a half turn off after disc brake conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John Sny View Post
Thanks guys. Looks like the plan is this.
Going to reinstall the lower control arms, with no modification.
Then going to see what my measurement for each tie rod is from the frame and try to balance and see if I have enough tie rod adjustment to make it happen. If not, i can try a couple more pitman arms, but otherwise there is a file. Got called by the city because my own truck has not been driving for one week. got 2 days to fix it.
Got to love the stuck up people in the neighborhood.
Well, that stinks. My neighbor parked his truck in the street for YEARS without moving it, and the popo only came to the door to tell him that he needed to get new tags. Apologies in advance to any realtors out there, but in my experience, once a house goes up for sale on your street, people start getting poked about parking too long, or "eyesores" in the driveway. The CHP came out one time to tow two of my dad's vehicles that were "illegally parked", both in the driveway. We moved one behind the fence into the side yard, and the other into the garage. Tow company had no joy on that deal. A house down the street was for sale. I recommend rolling your truck a few feet so that it appears to have been moved (since the chalk mark will be gone from sight, if that's how they mark it for over-staying the parking). I'm not complaining about my neighbor's truck, btw. I don't give half a hoot what people park in front of their own house.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote