View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 01:20 PM   #1
sweetk30

Arrow my 1988 GMC 7000 dump truck story

1988 gmc 7000 bbc air cleaner tag shows 454 7.4L looks like spicer 5 speed tranny with 2 speed rear and full air brakes and air control on rear for trailer.

vin # 1gdm7d1b5jv520621

story is its got bad motor . said it over heated a few times and has not been correct since then . I pulled the fuel tank cap and the gas smells funky and the window reg shows good till 2015 . . so I know she has been sitting for prob 2+ years now inop .

she is low miles 50-60k range from what I was told ( forget to read my self ) but the frame / cab / dump box are in premo condition if you gave it a good wash you could eat off them . frame rails almost all original paint still there .

truck is from the south original and I think it prob had water in the cooling system only ( seen lots of them like this ) and she prob boiled over and or froze the block and cooked its self .

I have a good 454 from a 79 suburban with 60k miles on it and run good on way home with few flat cam lobs . . just need cam and gaskets . was thinking swap this in place of its dead 454 . . . or even find a 8.1 big block with efi and drop in .

what do you think it would be worth in its current state ? keep in mine I am in the heavy rust belt of the north east and clean ones like this are super rare to find . . .

I can buy it for less than the dump box is worth used pull off. so worst case I flip the box and have a free truck .

was planning on making a big boy toy with it .

thanks for any input guys and as always have a good day
Attached Images

85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.

Last edited by sweetk30; 08-15-2019 at 07:05 PM.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote