View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #94
Frizzle Fry

Re: Joined the Short Wheelbase Club *69 Tahoe Project*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Ok great just PM me on how much its gonna cost me ...lets see...if I sell the 58 ford wagon project and my recently acquired 51 ford coupe project...and and and...

Mark
Those will be cool projects. Just follow the procedure I just documented. It'll be much cheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster57 View Post
That has to be one of the best documented and coolest jobs ever. I get started on something and forget to take half of the pictures!!! I had a thought for the top if someone does another one. If you left the back section a 1/2" long and flanged the front I bet it would come together with just small cuts on the rear section at the drip rail. My hat is off to you!!! Dave
Well, the top is all lined up and tacked now. I'll post more pics today. I like the freedom you have to shape the panels when they are not touching each other, which influences their shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69clark View Post
Let me just say, "You are the Man", sweet project!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abebummy26 View Post
An angle grinder?? I cant even draw a straight line period hats off to you bro only thing i would have done was find one with barn doors I always liked that look otherwise, its the most bad ass thing i have ever seen. ranks right up there with the 69 Daytona I saw. Talk about some amazing metal work every thing on those is steel & lead course all the lead workers are all dead. This is bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks guys. You know you can get "lead-free" body solder now. I'm going to use it an a bumper I modified and need chromed for the 61.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl87gta View Post
I love it. I wonder if 1 peice glass could be made to get rid of those small rear widows or would it not work in the door.
I've seen it done actually. There is room on a Burb apparently, but not on this. My wheel wells took up any space for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfull View Post
Awesome Work! You definetely follow the rule of the 5 P's: Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance. You planned for a year, and your performance definetly shows. By your step by step procedure, I could see alot of people following suit and building their own Tahoe. Thanks and congrats!
Thanks. I hope they do! I honestly think this is the first done this way. Unless someone has pics to prove otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
So do you thing the welding up will take longer then the total chop job? I love doing this stuff but hate the slow weldind process.

And what the heck do you mean about the 4th door and knowing your limits! Although your method is almost what has been done in my head over the last year (minus the 4th door) you pulled it off before me and my hats off to ya!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Ya, I love the build, but the finish work can be tedious It'll take some time for sure.

I have no doubts I could pull off the 4th door. Just not in the timeline I had available to get this thing back on the road. Maybe a future upgrade
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote