Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 05:33 PM   #450
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Thanks Andy!!

They say that you should learn something new everyday...well in todays episode of "Not a Show Truck/Rust Free Truck" I learned a couple of things...The spray gun I bought was worth every penny and secondly that I have a ways to go on learning how to do body work..lol

I got the hood, hood braces, rear fender wells, both fenders, and both cowl pieces in 2 coats of epoxy primer today....it laid down smooth which I was really pleased with.. I can tell that the rear fenders will need some more sanding to make them look like they should, saw some edges and wasn't too my liking. I did see 2 high spots and 3 low spots on the hood while I was priming so I know I will have a little bit to do on that as well.

After that I started smearing filler on the cab, specifically the cab corners and I "Think" I have them ready for some primer...so the back of the cab should be ready for primer.

Not sure if I started something that Im gonna regret but I also spread some filler on the passenger rocker panel and door jamb. It wasn't replaced and had some dings, plus spot welds etc....and I decided to spread some on the inside lip where the cab fold over to the door jamb. I think it will look good once done...just a lot of sanding..lol.

It will take a couple of posts to get the pics.
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote