View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #72
DEFIANT NCC-74205

Re: Little Body Work on the Blazer/Tub

Know the feeling. Too many projects. Doing the same job on my K-5. Started jacking the body around when I saw things not lining up and found that it makes a big diference. I got a new body kit I had found in a truck in the yard. (abandoned project). I am gonna stop everything and put the new mounts in before trying to line anything up. Also getting the frame checked at a frame shop is a good idea if you got the bucks. We do frame off restos at my shop and even if the vehicle has not been hit it is a good idea. (we learned this the hard way).
Right now i'm trying to get a header in any condition as long as it's straight. I can have fresh metal fabricated and welded. Mine was rusted and rolled, so there isn't enough there to work with. Also do you know if the pickup pillars are the same length as the Blazer ones? The Blazer ones appear to be taller than the pickup ones to accomodate the roof fit. Something you might want to take note of when you resume your project. Thanks for your time, Jon.
DEFIANT NCC-74205 is offline   Reply With Quote