View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 01:56 AM   #23
BC10

Re: Spare tire left on the road behind me

Alright, time to report back.

I tried moving the right long bolt to the hole closest to the back of the truck, but the angle was off and didn't allow me to tighten. After sitting on the ground for almost half an hour trying different angles, and lifting the bracket up with a floor jack, I gave up. So the passenger side bolt is back where it was before.

After flipping the tire over, and trying for another 1/2 hr, I noticed that one of the two metal retainers that holds the rim in place (piece #2 in the above diagram), had gotten flatten by the rim of my spare, so I bent it back up, but a little to much, so now the bracket is off and sits higher on one side of the rim.

Thats it for today, I'm going to bend and readjust the retainer on the bracket, use my floor jack directly under the middle of th me spare bracket and tighten this bastard up as much as I can.

I believe the chain on the frame to the spare idea, is the route I will go for safety purposes. Now I'm hoping my back will straighten back up, by the time I wake up tomorrow. Lol
Will report back after I try again.
BC10 is offline   Reply With Quote