View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 05:56 PM   #16
SCOTI

Re: Looking for suspension suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
I am still in the planning stages Of everything including wheels and tires. I am thinking 18 or 20 inch or staggers 18 front and 20 rear. I am not a fan of the rubber band look so I would like some side wall. I'm not really informed on all the tire choices either But I don't plan on going cheap I prefer to get what works.

I understand That the size of the brakes may also be a deciding factor in the size of the wheels?
Correct. Larger diameter brake sizes sometimes (usually) dictate the required wheel diameter so the caliper doesn't interfere w/the wheel center. But, that's a generic statement. For the typical budget style big-brakes (13" rotors) 17's can clear depending on the caliper size & wheel choice. Some "budget" (off the shelf) wheels won't clear. Most budget 18" wheels will clear a 13" rotor/caliper combo.

Go larger & you run into a similar issue on budget wheels.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote