View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 01:05 PM   #18
SCOTI

Re: Looking for suspension suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
I have made some decisions and am looking for advice on where to get a few items. I prefer made in USA when available.
…. I am disabled and will be paying someone to do all the work. One of the reasons I was considering a full chassis. I really appreciate any help you could give me sourcing these parts

Quote:
Stock height front springs.

2"- 2 1/2" Front drop spindles. I figure I would need new ball joints. Moog used to be the go to but even my trusted mechanic doesn't trust them anymore. What is a good greaseable brand?
Stick w/Moog brand. They make top tier & 'regular' stuff. The top of the line is the 'Problem-Solver' line. Spindles are tricky... Do you want to install now & then swap again later when you upgrade to larger brakes? If not, CPP makes the Modular spindle that only requires swapping their caliper bracket to go from stock brakes to aftermarket big-brakes. Def not made in the US though.
McGaughys seem to still be a USA made standard brake drop spindle. I don't know if that's cast/forged & final machined in the US or just the final machining.

Quote:
I guess I am going to keep the stock front discs at this time but would upgrade to Braided lines.
Stainless brake lines from Russell Performance & go w/some EBC pads that are more aggressive. Notable difference vs stock replacement pads/lines.

Quote:
Front sway bar.
Stock GM bars from a suburban or HD truck will swap over. If buying new, Ridetech, QA-1, or Hotchkis
Quote:
Keeping the rear trailing arms. Whose rubber bushings should I use to rebuild them.
Moog or try Hotchkis (they were making a spherical bearing style replacement @ one point.... not sure if it's still offered).
[I]
Quote:
2" lowering blocks
Boris @ Streetmachinery (way2lo2 on this site) or CPP.
Quote:
Trailing arm mount with exhaust pass through. I could modify mine but by the time I pay someone to hole saw and weld in a couple of tubes I would probably be into it for similar money?
Dead End Garage exhaust cut-outs through Travis @ Pro Performance
Quote:
I will most likely need 2" lower rear springs to make the Blazer level. Source for quality USA springs? I reached out to Eibach and they said they didn't have anything? I guess if you dont want 4-6" of drop there isn't much available? Suggestions.
Belltech rear springs are available in 2, 3-4, & 5" drop lengths. Travis @ Pro Performance is a dealer.
Quote:
Front/Rear shocks.
Bilsteins or Ridetech . Ridetechs also make adjustable (tuneable) shocks,

Quote:
Shock relocation brackets due to 2-4" lowering in the rear. Are they needed?
Aftermarket shock mounts from NoLimit Engineering relocate the placement so the shocks work better.
Quote:
rear sway bar.
QA-1 or Hotchkis

Quote:
I will probably keep my rear 12 bolt and upgrade to a tru trac carrier. I would like rear discs with emergency brake. I need the emergency brake for MA inspection and want discs in the rear mainly for looks as they will be seen through most wheel choices I will make.
Rear disc kits are available through Travis @ Pro Performance w/an E-brake set-up.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote