View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #21
SCOTI

Re: Looking for suspension suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
I was hoping you would make some suggestions. I was unaware that I would need to change spindles if I upgrade to a 13" Willwood or Baer brake package.

I had an interesting interaction with Travis @ Pro Performance. It had kind of turned me off even though they seemed like the one stop shop for suspension. We have since reconnected and just chock it up to a misunderstanding?
You don't have to change spindles. You do have to modify the spindles which requires removing them & doing the permanent modifications if using typical drop or stock spindle castings.

That's the attractive thing about the CPP modular units. You buy/use one bracket for original calipers. When you're ready to upgrade to bigger brakes, you get a big-brake adapter bracket, remove the original set-up, install the big-brake brackets, & install your brakes. Beyond that? I would opt for made in USA myself if possible. That seems to be getting harder & harder to confirm these days. Given your circumstances, using the CPP Modular spindles would mean paying less labor when you decide to upgrade.

I've had a similar experience w/Travis so you're not alone nor is he. We're all human. He could of been having a bad day or we could have interpreted things wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I’ll add this company for quality American made parts.
Plus they keep adding to their product line.
Excellent quality tubular trailing arms, trans. crossmembers, trailing arm crossmembers, etc.
Check out Tinworks Fabrication.
https://www.tinworksfabrication.com/63-72-c10.html
I was going to add his info but felt the OP was looking to minimize the sources for parts acquisition. Tin Works is def making some nice parts.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote