View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #72
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Boss 338 Wheels **GROUP BUY**

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Here's a quote from Benji:
"here is my 72 bagged, still have to cut out the front fenders and tube out the back to it will go lower" I think he means tub out the back.
My impression is that in order to drop it lower he needed more height in the tubs, not width. In another post, he said, "i still need to cut the front fenders and modify my bed to go lower when i slam the bags," which is pretty much the case with everyone wanting to "lay frame" or whatever the young whippersnappers call it, at least as I understand it. If width was an issue, I don't think it would sit as low as it does in the pics. I am not saying that people won't need spacers, and I'm not arguing in any way -- just trying to accurately report what others are experiencing.

To be clear: There is no substitute for measuring your own setup and determining exactly what you need.

I'm curious, Keith ... since you started the original behemoth Boss 338 thread, do you know what the owner of the truck you photographed did with the rear wheels? And you've got these wheels, too, so what have you done about the rear backspacing? Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I can't take time at work to read through the 28 pages in that thread plus search through your other posts elsewhere.

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 03-22-2010 at 10:28 AM.