View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 01:23 PM   #6
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Blinker HELP ???!! Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondancer View Post
Ok I have spent so much time on these darn turn signals and gotten no where.

So 1971 2wd , hazards all work except for the left front . But I have no turn signals . Blinkers do not work , but the left arrow lights up on the dash. Before my turn signals used to blink and it would make the radio short out with the pulse of the blinker but now nothing happens .
So far I have replaced:
Ignition harness , it was melted at a few terminals, no change ...
Turn signal switch , made my horn work but no blinkers .....
Radio , brand new stereo , stereo no longer pulses with blinkers but no blinker
Pulse at all....
Multiple ground straps installed new .........
I don’t know what to do
PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS
Thank you 🙏
Well I am here like I promised.

Your turn signals are powered by a 12 gauge brown wire from the ignition key accessory terminal which runs to the back of the fuse panel and powers the heater, wipers, and turn signals flasher.

Name:  Cab-1web.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  101.1 KB

Name:  ignition sw.gif
Views: 278
Size:  15.1 KB

From the fuse panel turn signal flasher a purple wire goes to the steering column connector and connects to the half moon connector, then runs up through the column with the rest of the turn switch wires to the turn switches.

Name:  0507cct_pain_35_z.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  64.5 KB

If you do not have any voltage on the purple wire with the key on, the turn signals will not work. Some times the two purple wires do not make a good connection through the connector so you have to check the purple wire on both sides of it for 12 volts.

The fact that your emergency flashers work indicates that the bulbs and the housings are good and grounded. The one that doesn't work might not be a good bulb or the housing may not be grounded, The left signal arrow lighting is a sign of bad grounding, like Franken mentioned. The LED flashers are polarity sensitive and swapping the leads as was suggested may solve the problem.
I assume you have LED signal bulbs and not the stock ones.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote