View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #131
Average Joe

Re: Project 70 Yellow Turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH0DAMAN View Post
Out of curiosity...why? Is it for the nostalgia of it or do you just like the big blocks? Believe me, I was sold on just plopping in this monster but the more vehicles I see with LS conversions the more I sway that way. If I keep the 396 I am at least switching out to a 4L60E. I drove a customers 70 Corvette with a big block & Turbo 400 that we completed the other day. I just wanted at least one more gear. It screamed at me most of the drive :-).

If I switch out to an LS it will be to a 6.0 out of an 06 Vette. I have a buddy that has one with 70k on it. I really like being able to start the thing every time after it has sat for a couple of weeks...or months.

I say all of this but this 396 is sitting here waiting for me just to finish bolting it together and start it up. Procrastination may just get the best of me.
Personally I love the off idle torque of a mild BB as well as the looks. IMO there are few motors that match the visual appeal of a BB Chevy. I do love 427 SOHC Fords, any old school Hemi, Flatheads, and nailhead Buicks. So I guess you could say its a Nostalgia thing. I love the mileage and performance potential of an ls though. Seeing as you already have the 396 it would seal the deal for me. I agree 100% on the OD.

An Average Joe and His 'Burb:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=775843
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote