View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 10:42 AM   #20
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Here's a pic of my 69 K20.

It has 35x12.50x16 Super Swamper SSR's on 16x8 steel rims. Nice and cheap rims!

I put a 4" lift consisting of 4" front springs and a 4" shackle flip from Offroad Design along with 4 Tuff Country SX8000's, a Rancho steering stabilizer, and adjustable drag link. I ended up having to lengthen and add a CV joint on the front driveshaft. The rear driveshaft required no modifications.

Later I added some additional leafs on the rear springs gaining an additional 3 1/2" of rear lift (7 1/2" total rear lift) At about the same time I added a heavy duty spring leaf to the front spring packs and a centerbolted tapered block up front. Front lift should be about 6". I am told the centerbolted block up front is safe, but it will be gone at some time in the future.

In the next few days I am adding a 2" body lift to give room for a 454 that is being installed within a month. The pucks were made by a friend from aluminum.

When the 454 goes in, I am also swapping in a 4 speed manual in place of the three speed.

The present engine is a monsterous 307 that puts out an incredible amount of power. Why I'm replacing it with a puny 454, I don't know

The rear axle is a Corp/Eaton with a factory Detroit Locker. The locker is great! The front axle is a closed knuckle Dana 44. It's gotta go someday.

My truck came factory equiped with a manual throttle and very little in other options.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote