View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 11:35 AM   #297
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Moving the engine forward 2 1/2" so I have more clearance for the HEI distributor and my rams horn exhaust. Right now the exhaust hit the firewall...not good. I didn't really like how close the distributor is to the firewall either.

So I did research and bought the POL motor perches for 63-67 C10's on their ebay site. It was a better price than ordering direct from their website. I read where these perches had to have the frame notched to fit. I talked to POL directly and they said that was not the case anymore. These are for the wide frame trucks. The "newer" trucks had the frame already notched. You can see the wide mounting bracket at the bottom of the picture and on their web page. Unfortunately all their installed pictures show the narrow frame rail...which is why I was nervous.

I received the perches and motor mounts along with hardware this week and will be moving the engine tomorrow (weather permitting).

Here is a picture of the perches, mounts and hardware. I decided to go with rubber mounts for now...I may swap to polyurethane mounts down the road.

I've already loosened bolts on the current perches so it will be easier to get off in the morning. I hand tightened them back so they aren't too loose. Will update more tomorrow as we do the install.
Attached Images

roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote