Thread: Project Texa Go
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Billett

Re: Project Texa Go

don't worry I love pictures haha. And yeah, I normally like everything to be fairly original, but I have no idea what this one came with in the first place... I'm not going crazy with it, but since it isn't original to begin with I'm not against adding a few things here or there. Right now my priorities are the weatherstripping (replacements from lmc), the radio and speakers (possibly a retrosound radio), cleaning up the disaster of wires left hanging under the dash, and just a general cleaning. I took the bedliner out the other day to clean the bed and who knows the last time that has happened haha i have a few ideas about what I would like to do to it, but right now I'm still just researching.

I'd love to make it a bit better of a daily driver with either a different trans like a 4,5, or 6 speed, or just adding a gear vendors kit to it, but right now I haven't decided yet and I don't mind the old 3spd. Eventually I may put an lq9 in it, but that's way down the road. Bags are a possibility, but that is also a long way off.

Right now I'm a bit nervous to bring it to work actually. I drive about 50 miles to work in Ocean City, NJ so it's pretty hot and she's acting up a bit. Every time I get her up to around 45-50mph in 3rd it starts to lose power for some reason... The engine is still running, but it seems to sputter on and off until I drop back down to 35-40 or so and then its fine. As soon as I bring it back to 50 it sputters again. Sometimes its closer to 40 mph, and sometimes it trundles right along all the way up to 65. I'm looking into a few things right now, but I haven't figured it out yet and since most of my drive is highways I don't want to be stuck at 40mph lol. On the way home I'm going to pick up some spark plugs since they look pretty nasty, but I don't think that's the problem. I do have a small leak in the rear main seal too, but again I'm not sure that's what's causing this...
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote