View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
sleepertruck72

Re: Vortec Serpentine Belt swap ?'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
I have used the serpentine set up from TBI trucks because the A/C compressor is on the correct side for 72 trucks (pass). I have a Vortec setup off a take out engine, but haven't used it on a 67-72 due to this issue. Also, the A/C compressors and alternators are ALOT more expensive on the Vortec.

AS for the PS fitting, you should be able to remove the fitting out of the rear of the Vortec pump and replace it with the one out of your 72 pump.
Wideside72,
That makes sense for the a./c compressor to be on the passsenger side. I should of thought about it before, but I was going off what GM Performance published in the manual with the crate engine. Oh well I got it all fairly priced, hopefully it lasts for a while. I mainly just wanted to get rid of the v-belts because I have had to adjust a tad too many times to stop squealing. The lower alternator bracket is missing that pressed in spacer to keep it aligned. I dont have A/C anyway but the compressor is a junk one that will have a block off plate for the hoses. I replaced it for a friend and kept the old one. I will swap that over to an A/C delete eventually. I will try the fitting on the p/s pump. Thanks for the input ! I will try to post pics, I must find my camera

Last edited by sleepertruck72; 01-22-2011 at 10:29 PM.
sleepertruck72 is offline   Reply With Quote