View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #86
Big Tex

Re: Big Tex's 83 Chevy 2wd to 4wd Conversion

Thanks for the kind words guys. I was able to pick away at it some more while I was off over Christmas. The exterior is pretty well done except for a tailgate panel, and I need to fix the e-brake cable. The cable leaving the cab is the older set up, and the frame is the later set up. I started on the interior. I got some headliner fabric at JoAnn Fabric, and glued it on myself. It looks Ok, not great. It actually looks better in the pics than in real life. I painted all the trim pieces with SEM paint, and ordered a dash pad cover from Rock Auto. It was $85 vs. the $400+ for a new dash. I've kept me eyes open for a couple of years for a good non cracked OEM one, but just couldn't find one. I'm about 90% pleased with this cover. It's not perfect, but it looks good. I ordered "light brown", but it wasn't even close, so I ended up shooting it with the same SEM paint. Then I "simple greened" my seat belts. Again, they cleaned up pretty good, not show car quality. I ordered a carpet kit from stockinteriors.com great customer service. I could have saved about $15 ordering it elsewhere, but when they called me back about 20 minutes after I left a voicemail, the customer service was worth the few extra bucks! Anyway, on to some pics:

Next up is recovering the seat.