View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #21
rowdy11

Re: Lola: My Moon Shot 70 SWB K10

Steady but snooze worthy progress recently. I pulled my steering gear and rag hook to and sent those to the fine folks at power steering.com for a rebuild. After pulling the box, I tested it and discovered the previous owners had already installed a quick steering ratio addition. Bonus!

I also stripped the rest of the remaining extras from the donor truck including the remaining wiring, tank and sending unit. I sawzalled the cab and will haul off anything not sold off for parts to scrap metal, marking an important milestone. From now on any build work will be done only on the 70. Yes!

Now removing the rest of the wiring from the firewall, which freaks me out a bit thinking about putting it all back together when the cab is done. I still need to find someone willing to take on body work on the cab, body panels and bed while I work over the frame and finish assembling the LS again.

I started on the cab body mounts. For anyone attempting the same thing, please don’t make my mistake! I took my Milwaukee impact gun and forced two of the bolts, and I think I broke the small weld holding the top of the bolts in place. After reading a few other threads, I think I’ll have to cut into the cab floor to brace the top of the bolts to get the nuts off. Noooooo! For the others, I plan to apply bolt lubricant generously over several weeks to get those to come off gently.

Attached a picture as well of my home built cab dolly.
Attached Images

Last edited by rowdy11; 06-24-2019 at 10:41 AM.
rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote