View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 12:10 PM   #11
raggedjim

Re: Bucketlist Blazer -Restomod build 6.6liter L8T

I'm pretty sure you can use the rotors and spindles from your 72 on the 84 a-arms as long as you change the 84 balljoints to 72 balljoints. You may also have to change the tierod ends but not sure about that.

Good luck, Rg

[QUOTE=NDM;9270913Now the frustrating part. I have read a bazillion threads on how to convert to 2wd. That part is fairly simple. The difficult part is that my 2wd crossmember is from a 84 c20. for the life of me I cannot figure out exactly what is needed to run factory height springs but retain my 6 lug wheels. It is very important for me to retain my 6 lug rally wheels. I do not want to run 8 lug or 5 lug wheels. When I am ready to upsize the wheels, I want to keep 6 lug. I just do not understand why it is so difficult to have the exact 8 lug rotors made but with 6 lugs.

I am going to try to track down the ece style 3/4 ton to 1/2 ton spindle if it is still made and run 6 lug 1/2 ton rotors. I have the equipment so I might as well use it. I just wish that there was a simple conversion rotor from 8 to 6 lug. Things like this frustrate a simpleton like me. A simple 8 lug rotor blank could be machined to 6 lugs instead of having to change rotors, calipers pads, etc.[/QUOTE]

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote