View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 10:25 AM   #37
byrd
Union Electrician

Re: Truck work shops

A tip on the lights would be to use the 8' HO flourescent fixture and bulbs. They are more costly up front but use almost half the energy that the old single pins bulbs do. They are 96 watts per bulb and I put 10 of them in my step=dads garage which is 50x30 with the lights only used in the shop area about30x30 and the lighting is perfect, and very bright, you can't have too much light!! For the average joe who doesn't do electrical work on their own, I would reccomend you put up the plug in style 4" el cheapos at home depot and use the t-8 thin line bulb style. The fixtures are only like about $8 a piece and 2 bulbs will run you about $6 and they are 32 watts a piece. The best thing about the el cheapos is that anybody can put them up and you jusst plug them in and if they quit working they are so cheeap that you just throw them away and put up a new one. All that needs to be done for the el cheapos is have your electrician install plugs within 5' of where you want each light and try to do it so that you can get 2 light on one plug to be more cost effective with the electrical work needed. Just my .02 Randy
Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote