View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #52
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

A few days ago I started getting the Capri engine ready to pull. The driver side axle gave me some trouble, but I finally got it out with some advice from the Festiva forum members.

Yesterday I stripped everything off the engine, then cleaned and painted the block. I originally bought a Honda F22 header to try to modify and make it fit the Capri engine, but it wasn't a good match for the oil pan notch. I bought a MX-6 header that looked like a closer fit and cut the flange off so I could see how it's going to line up on the b6d. Looks good, so I'll go with it. I also reinstalled the compressor to check for clearance at the #1 pipe, fits much better than the F22 header.

The b6d flange I found on eBay is pretty crappy. It was missing two holes, and five of the others didn't quite line up. The ports are a little off too. Nothing a carbide burr and drill press can't fix.

Figured out why the engine didn't want to turn over easily when I tried to do a compression test... that's the nose of the starter housing.

Today I installed a new timing belt, water pump, cam/crank seals, and I detailed the valve cover. I tack welded the header to the flange to hold it in place for mock up in the car. I'm off tomorrow, so I'm hoping to pull the B6t/G series out of the blue car so I can get the trans cleaned up and ready to mount to the B6d.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote