View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 03:20 PM   #169
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I'll probably get strung up for saying this. But, the F150 looks very serviceable. You can't beat the price......
I agree, Dale, I think it will be a good work truck and it was the best I could do at that price point. This will be the fourth Ford I've owned and I've only had one "Found On Road Dead" experience previously, so statistically I'm ahead.

I went to Sedalia yesterday expecting to pick up my powder coating, but it wasn't quite done, so I brought home what was and will return for the rest next week. What I really wanted was to have my buddy Steve cut out the vinyl I bought to cover the FITech intake. Unfortunately, my measurements left a bit to be desired, so I revised the drawing and will have him re-do it next week.

Meanwhile here's some photos of what it looks like. The close up shows the pattern, but when you're several feet away, you don't really see it. Instead, it looks like a textured surface. I does hide all the ugly on the top of the intake, though. I'm on the fence about the 6.2 LS3 embossed emblem. Without an identifier, some folks at the cruise-ins ask what the engine is. But still, the emblem may be a bit too much.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote