View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 08:00 PM   #222
Fastandcrazy

Angry Re: Rebuild...(pending a name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
hi,Greg here.great looking truck you've built.maybe i'm late to the party but i read what you said about getting the truck with you dad and how much it means to you.i get it and know what you're exactly what you're talking about.my dad is gone as well,i miss him alot.he taught me alot about cars,trucks and being a man.how to work hard and on and on.i bought a 67 impala wagon in Georgia in 1999 and he was with me,we worked on the old thing for 3 days as it hadn't run in 10 years and then drove it home,1600 miles.then i took it apart to restore it,worked hard everyday on it and then we found out he had lung cancer.he didn't make it to see the car finished.i have a personalized plate on the car that says "THX DAD" people assume he gave me the car but that's not the case.i'll be starting on a 72 c-20 big block truck hopefully by summer if the covid mess dies down.i just bought the truck and it's in Utah so i can't go get it yet,but hopefully soon.i'm sure your dad is proud of the truck you've built.she's a beauty.cheers.
Thanks you sir.

Dads have a major influence on all of us. I’m sorry for your loss, it’s never easy. I’m sure the car was a beaut. The C-20 I’m sure will be great. What size of a big block are you going for? When we started we put in a 396 big block, it was fun but the truck wasn’t nimble... that may have been because of the suspension.

Good luck, on the build.