View Single Post
Old 05-16-2002, 11:00 AM   #5
BobbyK

Location: Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,Mi.
I installed a 140 amp 1 wire alt. about 9 months ago with no problems so far.Here's what I did.
I bought a conversion kit from Chevy Duty(part #52-896,$14.95,page 48 of thier catalog).You can easily make your own jumper wires though.

The connector above jumps the blue wire to the pink and the yellow wire to the brown.

Here is what the inside of that connector looks like.

All I did with the orig. wiring was tape the ends well with electrical tape and fasten them aside.There will still be 12 volts to those old wires so make sure they are taped well!Leaving the old wires makes it easy to swap back to a regulat alt. should I have problems with the 1 wire alt.

Here is the 1 wire alt installed.I made the wire going from the alt. to the battery out of 2 gauge welding cable(overkill I know)But I'll never have to worry about that wire being too small!

The 1 wire alt. is a 140 amp. but here is what it actually puts out.Summit racing has them for somthing like $169.00.

------------------
"71"blazer,rust free(bought in Arizona),350SBC
(375HP),700R4,factory G.M. TPI.Living in Santa Barbara,California.Ongoing project.

[This message has been edited by BobbyK (edited May 16, 2002).]
BobbyK is offline   Reply With Quote