View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #61
RockinKees

Re: Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed

Finally started on the rewiring.

First I did the taillights, soldered new wires at the sockets and at the fuel sender. Took all wires to the front and inside the cab.
The fusebox and relay holder will be inside under dash.

Fusebox will also be homemade:

Something like this, tommorow it will be ready...I hope.

The blowermotor is repaired, so I can try and make the airhoses fit their box again. It's all broken off, I have to engineer something to make it work again.

What's importend for getting a Dutch title is working windshield wipers.
Mine doesn't work.
I tried to fix it, soldered a few wires back on, still doesn't work, then took the wipermotor apart...

Didn't know if I did the right thing

To get the brushes back in I used two blind rivets, to hold the brushes in place. They're under spring tension so they wanna be out of their places!
I then put the anchor in first, took the rivets out and then as a hole part into the motor.
You always be short on helping hands, but this gets the job done

Here you can see the rivets.

After putting it complete together the motor does turn, but only one turn, until the small pin that activates the relay inside.
I did not get it to work normal, I think the the relay is defective.
Of course no wipermotor in the Netherlands that I know of.
I then managed to get it working by override that relay, took the pin out, and made a switch between the yellow wire at the bottom and the green wire at the right of this picture.

It works now at one speed, I only have to stop the motor at his starting place by switching the motor off.
But for the title I have a working wiper motor
That's all they are asking for.

If someone has any tips to get this working as it should, please tell me, thanks!

1959 Chevy Fleetside Longbed
My build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=643426
Kool Guyz CC
Instagram: _King_Kustom_
RockinKees is offline   Reply With Quote