View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #14
shifty
Questionable

Re: whats this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer2007 View Post
sorry ,that was it
No worries, probably wouldn't be worth it to ship stuff down here from BC anyway. I've seen some really rare/weird stuff in bulk buys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
I really miss my diamondback. All I ended up keeping was my Mongoose even though I don't see my big ass ever getting on it again. I will never let it go other than to my grandson when he is ready to ride
For whatever it's worth, vintage BMX is seeing a huge explosion in popularity right now and - pit and freestyle bikes especially - are worth more than I've seen in my lifetime. Bikes I could've bought for $200 in 2010 I'd be lucky to score for less than $1k right now in mediocre shape (at best). Market is ripe for sale if you were actually willing to part (BMX isn't my thing, sadly).

On the flipside, I've watched vintage race and touring bikes take a nosedive in value these last 3-5 years, ever since rent-a-bikes and motorized scooter rentals picked up in major urban cities. Vintage racing/touring bikes have been my bread-and-butter the last decade-plus, where most of my slush fund was sourced. It's taking me weeks to sell at 20-30% less nowadays versus bikes selling within hours a few years ago.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote