Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #82
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 66 View Post
looking good. we spent a good part of our day yesterday doing almost the same thing. I wish our truck looked that clean to start with.these trucks are kinda like a huge erector set.cant get in a hurry. we found a patch panel that goes 7 inches in from sill and drops all the way down to bottom of rocker.length wise it goes from seam of toe board to rear cab corner.did you get the inner kick to? or are you going to make your own?
Yeah, I feel pretty lucky compared to some of the rust I've seen in these cabs. You can see in post #61 the patch panels I have ordered so far. I"ll probably need the same ones for the driver side. The floor panel doesn't quite reach to the seam where the floor meets the firewall, that is why I fabbed up the one piece you see above and I also have a piece I just welded in for the seam piece that's needed. I've done a rough cut out of the floor piece and started to fit it in place.
Once the floor is welded in I'll do the kick panel and then the bottom door brace. Then I'll clean up the original outer rocker and reinstall that. That will complete the passenger side and it's on to the driver side.
Sorry no pics today, I'm at work.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote