View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 06:28 AM   #20
Schoview

Re: new interior for my 1980 stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Wow, you have a really neat truck! I like your attention to detail. It all looks good, but I especially noticed that your repaint of the steering column came out really nice. Would you mind telling us a little more about the truck? Engine, transmission, etc?
Thank you very much
yes, I love my truck and always wanted to rebuild it close to original, but with a slight touch of individualism... e.g. like the wood trim interieur (made by myself)

My truck is a 1980 GMC Stepside and was originally equiped with a 6 cylinder engine with an AC. It has been used in Arizona much of it´s life and finally was brought to germany and was used here as a solid basis for a swap out of two trucks, to get one complete truck.
It has been lowered (which I love very much), was repainted in original GM Sport Red and got 15" smoothies by Wheels Vintiques, rear 275/55R15, front 255/55R15.
The engine is now a rebuild 350cui V8 with some Edelbrock Performace parts.
the transmission is a rebuild TH350.
everything on this truck runs great, every light bulb works and it makes a lot of fun to drive it. It is really a headturner here

have a look at the rear lights
I used Harley Davidson motorbike lights for turn signals and combinated brake/rearlights to keep her nice ass clean

Last edited by Schoview; 05-18-2020 at 06:35 AM.
Schoview is offline   Reply With Quote