View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #58
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

So I'm sure a lot of you guys have seen some of my other posts elsewhere pertaining to my header situation, but to review here's the just of it. Because I am using the Clifford intake manifold, the firewall mounted brake booster and carb wants to occupy the same location.

Not being sure if an under the dash brake booster would work without all kinds of hassles, I decided to put in an under the cab brake booster mounted to the frame rail. Well that was all fine and dandy until I realized there would be no room for both exhaust tubes running under the drivers side of the cab if I used either Clifford or Langdon exhaust headers. I never liked the way Clifford and Langdon aimed the front set of headers straight back towards the cab, just didn't make sense to me.

I guess I could have run the tubes under the booster, but that would have left them lower then the frame rails,and that seemed to be just asking for trouble.

Soooo I thought about having a set of headers made where I could run the front 3 ports under the oil pan to the passenger side of the cab.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote