Thread: Lost My 65
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #134
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: What is this Truck?

I can really appreciate how torn you must feel. Many years ago I bought my wife an extremely clean, rust free, one owner 1968 F250 camper special. She loved that truck and we made many improvements including a new rebuilt engine. In an act of supreme thoughtfulness she gave it to one of our kids. Rather than being treated like the treasured jewel we loved and respected, it was abused and neglected. Much of the original body trim is torn off, there’s a fresh crease in the hood, sits most of the year filled with trash, and continues to deteriorate at an accelerating pace. Just looking at it now makes her sick. If it was given back to her for free, she’d get rid of I because she couldn’t stand looking at it.

On the other hand, back in 1966 my first driver was a 1954 Chevy 2 door sedan. It wasn’t much, but I installed a blended Bel Air windshield, added chrome rims, my first floor shifter, and accomplished some very nice body work before applying my very first paint job. If that car fell in my lap today in the condition of your old truck for $1500, I’d snap it up in a heartbeat.

I hope you come away from this encounter feeling good about whatever you decide.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote