View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Re: Craigslist... a thing of the past?

Good thing Craigslist goes far beyond vehicle buying/selling, classic or whatever. I always find what I'm looking for and sell what I'm selling on Craigslist, so in my world it's as good as ever. A friend offers old stock windows and skylights up for the taking, so I run down and snatch them up. Post them all as a lot that evening and the next morning I see I have an e-mail from someone leaving their phone number. I call and the guy is on his way, buys them. When I posted them up I searched 8' truck caps and found a couple I saved. I e-mailed on one and along with the response to my listing the next morning was the guy with the cap responding to my inquiry. After the guy went off with the windows/skylights I hit the road to get the cap. All this happened in less than 24 hours and just days before Spring Carlisle, so I had the cap for a camper for the show paid for by the bldg materials and I had plenty of change. Too me, that sort of thing is what makes the world go around and it happens on Craigslist like nowhere else, and that ain't dead. Craigslist has an awful lot of cool classic vehicles for sale for a place that is not even dedicated to that. To this day it is billed as a local format for buying and selling. It's just so good that people are using it like Ebay or Hemmings

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote