Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 01:00 PM   #270
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Yeah I forgot you would have to change wheels also...Luckily mine were done by the PO with discs and the switch to 5 lug.

Where did you get your booster/master cylinder...new or used? Are you using CaptainFab's bracket?
Ironically I was given the master cylinder and booster by one of Randys friends who didn't need or want it...I did use the Capt Fab bracket and it worked perfectly...I just had to extend the brake rod a little bit to make everything work.

Truck stops really good right now but have only been able to drive around the block so really haven't been able to test them. 5x5 bolt pattern gives me a lot more options for wheels....I am thinking of a 5 spoke rim....always liked that style.

My thoughts go back and forth on wheels and colors....My truck will be white and am thinking of painting the interior a charcoal gray and going the accent stripe down the side in the same....but I do like the red stripe as well.....Chrome wheels or a Gunmetal gray wheel would look pretty good I think.....I some time ways from paint and wheels but never to late to think about it.

I also ordered new front and rear springs along with new retainers, plus I ordered a front sway bar from CPP...actually off of their Ebay store since it was cheaper than calling them direct....have no clue why that's the case
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote