View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #46
Scott2

Re: Moms wedding present 49 chevy 5 window LS 4L60e TCI frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocww View Post
Well the truck is off to Full Circle Restoration to get the frame lengthened. Its been a long road, but hopefully it will be a fast fix. I am also thinking about have them finish my engine/trans wiring and 12 volt conversion, and plumb the gas and air lines. Hopefully it wont cost too much.

Thanks to Evan and Jay for picking the truck up and lunch on the way over. Its in Toms hands now! lol.
Sorry to hear this is such a pain! How much are you adding into the chassis - just the couple of inches you said it appeared to be short? Were you able to verify the chassis dimensions and what did TCI have to say about this? They must have seriously stepped on themselves to get the length wrong!

As I posted before, my TCI chassis is tight to the point that with the cab pushed as far forward as possible, I still had slight contact with the front of the bed and the back of the cab. I just (yesterday) drilled a new set of front bed mounting holes about 3/4" to the rear and I got a little separation but could also line up the rear set of holes.