View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 04:44 PM   #1718
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
That surprises me. The more cars that are registered the more registration dollars the state makes.

And we all know how much California likes to take more money.

That's a beautiful Skyliner Leon. Maybe you can answer a question for me. It might be an old wives tale but I've heard that if the roof on a Skyliner gets stuck when it's down position that you cant get to the mechanism to get it to go back up because it's stuck under the roof.

It's like that on my Porsche. If the battery goes dead. The battery is under the front hood or trunk or whatever you want to call it. It's controlled by an electronic switch to open it. No battery=no switch. And no backup. (ask me how I know) I had to hook a battery charger to the fuse box to pop the trunk to get to the battery. It's a terrible design.
One would think that the state would want the revenue. But maybe some of them are using pre-SMOG engines. I know that I planned to put in a 260 or 289 from an early vintage Ford solely for the purpose of only being required to have a closed crankcase (well, that, and not having a biennial inspection).

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote