View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #4265
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's money pit View Post
They did make short wheel base Highlanders. I’ve owned two and there are a couple of guys on the site but have one as well. They just seem to be uncommon.
Yep, they are pretty rare. Nice truck - but i agree the SPID looks like a repro - hard to tell if it has the clear film. It might, but those are reproduced also. Not a big deal if it is a repro SPID unless, of course, it’s trying to be sold as an original swb truck if it wasn’t. At this price, it matters. Like i said, it is a very nice truck - but the paint seems way off if the goal was medium olive (might just be the camera/lighting) - and i wish the driver’s door wasn’t all banged up on the inside (am I seeing that right?). Seems a very odd thing to not repair when doing a $34k resto. This truck has other documentation, but I’d look quite close at it personally before pulling the trigger. I’d also look closely at the VIN tag and make sure the GVWR at least matches another swb 1/2 ton truck. I’d assume the VIN is a perfect match. Not bagging on the truck - at this price, a potential buyer needs to have all the ducks in a row before committing.