Thread: TH 350 Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #18
Ironangel

Re: TH 350 Problem

PM Clinebarger, he'll have a good idea of whats going on with it...I dont know the specifics of the warranty AAMCO gave you but if it's still in effect then I would show up and talk to the man in charge and let him drive it? Whats the chance of burnt rubber debris getting down that filler tube and clogging the valves? That fire (whatever the cause?) at the back of the motor getting hot enough to burn the dip stick seal would have burnt the kick down cable as well? Whats the story on the kick down (Detent) cable? was it properly hooked up and set? Nothing wrong with running a THM350 behind a 450HP motor as long as it's been built with aftermarket components like a hardened intermediate sprag race and a wider low roller clutch & support. I've been running a "Monster Transmission" stage-2 HD 350THM in my 400+ HP big block C-10 and so far, so good, it's held up for 6 months so far. I wish I had known then what I know now in that the only bad rap I can put on Monster Transmission is they are WAY overpriced! You need to either get your existing 350THM rebuilt to handle 450HP or cut your losses and buy one from a reputable builder that stand behind their work, they are out there...One more thing, if your motor aint right, your tranny cant be right especially with radical cams and stock vacuum modulated shift tranny's! That idle issue is reaping havoc (or reaped) on that tranny? AAMCO first, if the warranty is voided, then it's time to match a transmission to the motor...Then you'll snap u-joints and tear up rear ends, 450HP aint no punk. "just sayin"
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote