View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 01:54 AM   #4
FirstOwner69

Re: Need another pic: hooked up battery area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
OK thanks, but I'll need more if you can supply it.

In your pic, this black plastic square with two wires going in and two wires going out, can you take a pic of exactly how and where it attaches to the fender?

Also, could you remove the battery and take a pic just like this one, but no battery?

Finally, (in the pic as we see it above) you appear to have a wire coming off the right side cable and it's going into that black plastic block.....I think mine goes to a connector that I think used to bolt to the fender. I don't want to do that though, I don't want to have to scrape off the paint to allow that to ground to the fender, I want to attach that to a nut on the core support where I believe another grounding wire goes.

A pic with the battery removed (#2 request) might help me big time.

*My fenders are so nicely repainted I don't want to scratch them at all, ground or no ground!
The black plastic part is commonly referred to as a junction block. Below are pictures showing its location and a close-up showing the attached wires. The heavy black "wire" (actually a fusible link, see below) is the only "in" wire.

Removing the battery would only show an empty battery box, and I don't want to risk scratching anything either.

The black wire coming off the battery cable IS NOT A GROUND and, if attached to the fender, would spell disaster. The battery cable from which it originates is the positive cable. The wire is actually a fusible link which, via the junction block, provides power to almost everything.
The positive battery cable itself runs directly to the starter. The only grounded wire shown in any of these pictures is the negative battery cable.
Attached Images

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 09-23-2017 at 02:09 AM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote