View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 01:07 PM   #7
In The Ten Ring

Re: Need another pic: hooked up battery area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
At your service (there is always a risk of paint damage when removing anything from under the hood)...
Below is a picture with the battery out. It shows 2 ground wires from the headlight harness. One is for the headlight and the other from, I think, the side marker light. I'm not sure how the parking light is grounded and that may vary depending on model year and could be your 3rd ground. Have you tried tracing those 3 wires?

All wires, except the camper wire, are routed over the core support in the black plastic conduit/wire gutter.

If you have gauges, I believe you should have 3 wires to the junction block. As I noted in post 2 you probably won't have the 12 gauge red wire for the camper wiring option. The 3 wires are:
- The fusible link from the positive battery cable
- The 12 gauge red that runs to the alternator and voltage regulator.
- A small black with white stripe wire with an inline fuse holder. This wire is only present if you have gauges. Is it possible that this is what you believe to be a ground?
You came through and fully redeemed yourself! THANKS A TON.

That wire that is bolted to the back of the core support was one of my "big questions." I was pretty sure it bolted there but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks a ton.

I think I can get a pic up now, I'll go take a couple of the truck and try to add those to this thread.

Thanks again for accommodating me!
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote