View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #17
Hart_Rod

Re: Any Duramax owners out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1949gmc View Post
I got one...... an 04.5 with the LLY motor. Bought it new in April '04 and its got 54,000 miles on it now. I put Bilsteins on it when it was new... what a difference! I couldn't believe how crappy the original shocks were and they only had a thousand miles on them.

It's had a couple of goofy things go wrong with it: speedo head shorted out and it would read 100 mph sitting still. Had the EGR valve and a couple of injectors go bad. And this past summer, I had to have the injector harness extension installed for the #2 and #7 cylinders because it would go into limp and wouldn't come out.

Overall though, a great truck. How many trucks can do a brake torque with 5,000 pounds hooked up to it?

I've got an 2WD 07 (Classic) CrewCab 2500 HD with 44K and have loved it since the day I bought it new. Is your's a 2 or 4 wheel drive? Would you happen to have the shock part number as I would like to improve the ride. How did you know it was in LIMP mode? TIA Also, I'm getting ready to put some new tires on it and want to change sizes since the factory ones look way to small. What's everyone upgrading to tire wise?

R/
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote