View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #11
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

small update;

I decided to keep the steelies for awhile, I have a pair of 15x8 Wheel Vintiques 62 Series on the way and will use some 255-70-15 tires on them for the rear.

The gaskets i needed finally arrived, so I had the rear quarter glass go in last Friday. Feels good to close up that enormous hole! It was just begging for the weather and every critter in the NW to come take a peek inside..

I now have the front cross-member re-build complete minus new hard lines, with the only remaining item is to fix both lower shock mounts, (someone previous cut them off.. $%? but that will be done this weekend.

I also got in the 4in. dropped springs for the rear, but now I am on the fence about whether to go ahead and bag the back now since my spare cross-member was already setup for bags and is what's going in the front.. I'll cross that bridge when I pull the axle and gas tank..

The front seat is out and now resides with my buddy Brad as I am switching over to bucket seats. I put a new ignition switch in as the old one was about toast and barely worked.
I pulled out my spare console and gave it a good cleaning in preparation for some new paint..
and my passenger bucket seat brackets arrived as well..

I'm off on Friday to take a peek at a replacement small block a good friend has, and depending on the deal it may come home as a replacement for the 307..
Beyond that, I have spent the last few nights trying to finish the Drop member mockup on Trippin Hazard..

More to come.. (Can't wait to get it to the shop and crack open this thing)
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote