View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #9
kipps

Re: double-pinning a sealed terminal?

The primary lock is the colored plastic bit on the mating surface of the connector. It doesn't actually lock the terminals in place, but rather it guarantees the terminals stay aligned correctly. Without the TPA, or secondary lock as it's also called, the terminals are only held in place by a plastic tang inside the connector body.

The sketches of the connectors on mouser don't show the TPA being included. They do appear to show the primary lock. I've been assuming that an assembly includes the connector and the primary lock. I see secondary locks listed for a bunch of the others, but not for the three-pin.

No, I've not actually ordered from mouser yet. I need to get an order in soon, but a critical part of that first order will be the connectors for my fuel senders.

Edit to add: I found this manual for assembling/disassembling the 2-6 pin gt 280 connectors. It lists part numbers for the TPA's. Interestingly, this manual says the TPA is not included with the connector, and must be ordered separately. I googled the part numbers for the various TPA's listed. They all immediately popped up valid results. The three-position TPA did not. One place said they were out of stock. Nobody else, Mouser included, admitted that they had ever existed.

I'll probably just use a four-pin, and install a plug in the extra hole.

https://ecat.aptiv.com/docs/default-...rsn=49c77c06_0
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by kipps; 09-19-2020 at 08:58 PM.
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote